Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2002 7:44:47 PM EDT

can you please check this out: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=139468

and let me know if my cam pin is about to break?

thx,
psywar
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
With out holding the cam, I can't tell if that is just the bolt line or the cam is starting to fracture(photo is too dark).

As posted before, just buy a replacement and keep it in your shooting bag.  If the old cam does start to crack, then just pitch it and install the new cam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Big Bear is correct. All of the cracked ones I have seen or experienced had the fracture occuring in the FP hole not up high where yours seems to be. They are cheap. Get a new one and always have a spare. It's one of the few parts that are hypercritical to a safe functioning weapon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]

JohnM,

I still have the M4 stock wrentch you made. Ah, the good old days !

How's work these days ?

I hope all is well,
psywar
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks normal to me.  The dark line separates the wear caused by the carrier and the wear caused by the bolt.  My cam pin looks exactly like yours.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine all look the same as yours also.  Replace it with a new one and I'll wager after a couple thousand rounds the new cam pin will look identical to the old one but for $3.00 piece of mind comes cheap this time.  Have fun, be safe!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top