Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:46:45 PM EDT
Hey All,

I am curious if anyone out there offers a LPK or UPK with parts that are Melonited / Tennifered / Nitrided?

We know that it is superior to parkerized for corrosion or weather resistance.

Of course these days we see lots of barrels, gas tubes and BCG that have this finish, but what about the other parts?

Does anyone offer a parts kit for building your lowers or uppers with the other components (safety, trigger, pins, bolt catch, magazine release, ect...)

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
R Guns

R Guns sells Nickle Boron & Titanium Nitride parts for AR15 & AR10
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
R Guns

R Guns sells Nickle Boron & Titanium Nitride parts for AR15 & AR10
View Quote
Looking for something a tad more Tactical (your basic black or dark grey will do nicely), and lot less B-L-I-N-G that the Silver or Gold of the RGuns kits...

But if you gotta PIMP, those would be the ones to go to, especially that GOLD Titanium Nitride ...

Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The LPK's I picked up from strike industries were Nitried finished, but that's been two years ago.  They source some of their parts from Taiwan, if that matters to you.

Edit to add: The LPK are made using US parts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't nitriding sometimes cause brittleness/rigidity issues in thin parts?
If so I'm not sure I'd want a nitride bolt catch, buffer detent, disconnector, pins or maybe even hammer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
ADAMS ARMS VDI LIFECOAT LOWER PARTS KIT

ADAMS ARMS VDI LIFECOAT LOWER PARTS KIT - NO FIRE CONTROL GROUP

VDI LifeCoat Lower Parts Kit
VDI lower parts kits are compatible with mil-spec and non mil-spec carriers. This is machined to exceed all MIL TDP specifications and is enhanced using LifeCoat treatment providing superior:

Durability
Lubricity
Corrosive Resistance

In-Stock at MJS Performance LLC
Adams Arms Lower Parts Kit LPK 223 5.56 AR15 VDI Lifecoat
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top