Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:34:17 PM EDT
Just built a 300 blk with PSA upper, PSA lower build kit, CBC, Ind. CH and BCG, and Anderson stripped lower. It fires after manual charging but I have to manual charge it again to fire again. It is cambering the cartridge and ejecting it with no problem.

I have done a slow manual charge  to see about hammer follow and if disconnector is catching the hammer, it is. I have a friend who mentioned that he had the same problem, which was caused by the charging handle and it stopped after it was broke in. I did notice wear on the charging handle.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Spring in backwards is possible problem ?
AR15 Trigger Installation Guide Full HD (New Tactical Advantage intro)
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a lighter buffer weight. It is ejecting the round but not pushing the bolt back far enough to pick up round from magazine. I had this same problem with a 300 blackout pistol that I built. Also ammo makes a big difference. I could get my pistol to cycle with some types of ammo and then others would not work. The weight of the bullet makes a big difference. Bottom line you will have to experiment to get the right combination that works with your setup. What grain bullet are you using?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need a lighter buffer weight. It is ejecting the round but not pushing the bolt back far enough to pick up round from magazine. I had this same problem with a 300 blackout pistol that I built. Also ammo makes a big difference. I could get my pistol to cycle with some types of ammo and then others would not work. The weight of the bullet makes a big difference. Bottom line you will have to experiment to get the right combination that works with your setup. What grain bullet are you using?
View Quote
220 grain and 150 grain. It is recycling and chambering the round. I even did a slow charge not taking it bast the mag well, about half way, to check the firing mechanism. It worked like normal.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it looks like the other thread went away, but check your springs on your LPK to make sure one of them is not installed wrong.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure your gas tube is not upside down and that your gas block is properly aligned. PSA don't put dimples on the barrel in my experience so it makes lining up the block a pain. If you fire and the bolt doesn't move or only moves a little, it's a gas issue
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well it looks like the other thread went away, but check your springs on your LPK to make sure one of them is not installed wrong.
View Quote
Looks like the admin moved the other thread to Troubleshooting. Did not mean to post twice but computer had a little hick-up...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Broke down the lower and re-install the fire control group and safety. I think I might have had the hammer spring installed wrong (feeling stupid). Not sure if that would be the problem. Everything still functioned as before, except hammer is stronger. I do have a slight problem with the safety. It works properly, but if you can press to hard and it will go past fire (semi) to toward full. Thinking might just need a new spring for that...

Everything seems to function normally. Though it did before, have not done a live fire test...
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Had this problem before, my gas block was t not aligned right.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Broke down the lower and re-install the fire control group and safety. I think I might have had the hammer spring installed wrong (feeling stupid). Not sure if that would be the problem. Everything still functioned as before, except hammer is stronger. I do have a slight problem with the safety. It works properly, but if you can press to hard and it will go past fire (semi) to toward full. Thinking might just need a new spring for that...

Everything seems to function normally. Though it did before, have not done a live fire test...
View Quote
Bet it's fixed.

How far does the safety rotate? Couple degrees or more ? 10,20 ,30 degrees
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
let us know the outcome. I thought it might be a misaligned gas block but if it just the disc spring then thats a quick fix
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Make sure your gas tube is not upside down and that your gas block is properly aligned. PSA don't put dimples on the barrel in my experience so it makes lining up the block a pain. If you fire and the bolt doesn't move or only moves a little, it's a gas issue
View Quote
Guarantee it's this
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bet it's fixed.

How far does the safety rotate? Couple degrees or more ? 10,20 ,30 degrees
View Quote
Sorry for the late reply, It is about 30 to 35 degrees.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Was able to check test the 300 blk, and everything seems to bee working.  Not sure if it was the hammer spring or the extra lube I added to the BCG and Charging handle...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top