Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:33:35 PM EDT
Still just asking questions and buying parts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:50:25 PM EDT
There are no cons. Mid gas system is easier on parts, smoother recoil impulse, more handguard real estate, longer sight radius, you can attatch a bayonet w/o adapter. Besides, all that bbl hanging out the short M4 handguards never looked right to me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:57:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
There are no cons. Mid gas system is easier on parts, smoother recoil impulse, more handguard real estate, longer sight radius, you can attatch a bayonet w/o adapter. Besides, all that bbl hanging out the short M4 handguards never looked right to me.

+1

the only "cons" would be thats parts and some accessories are a tad tougher to find or selection
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:00:51 PM EDT
PRO: this is the optimal barrel configuration for CQB shooting (effective, reliable, handy).
CON: less selection and therefore a bit more pricey than a carbine, dissy or rifle configuration.

After a lot of experimentation with dissy and carbin uppers, my go-to gun is a middy. Here it is:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 5:42:42 PM EDT by yankee2]
Not to hijack this thread, but are any branches of the military (or any special groups) using middies??
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:17:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yankee2:
Not to hijack this thread, but are any branches of the military (or any special groups) using middies??

not that i have heard of....they are all still using rifle or carbine length systems
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:16:50 PM EDT
Why "Dis"ing on the Dissys?

they have the longer sight radius, more real estate on the hand guard to hold,

True to can't mount a bayonet (huge loss) but hummm.....

Dissy with mid lenght gas system .... sounds yummy!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Top Top