Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:08:51 PM EDT
I put on my PRI low profile gas block today. Besides measuring and eyeballing the gas port on the block and on the barrel is there any way to make sure it is properly aligned? I just don't want to run into any problems.

And my personal opinion all threads are useless without atleast one pic, here she is so far. Just waiting for my Nikon Tactical and Larue Mount:

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
take the barrel off.  put it in an indexing head.  center the barrel.  take a drill blank and line teh barrel up in the indexing head.  take and index the barrel.  180 degrees. take a 3/16 ball nose endmill and put a divit on the barrel.  the hex screw will center on teh divit.  im guessing you wont have acess to this method.  i dont know of any other ways off-hand to do it cause i never had to do it any other way.  ill give it some thought though.

ETA. nice rig
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple, measure it.

Measure from the edge of your new block to the hole.

Now draw a vertical line on the edge of the block with a pencil, in line with the hole.

The measure the same distance from the port in your barrel towards the reciever, draw a mark where the edge of the block needs to stop fore/aft on the barrel, and another line parallel with your barrel so you can match that up to the vertical line you drew on your block to make sure it lines up side to side.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
take the barrel off.  put it in an indexing head.  center the barrel.  take a drill blank and line teh barrel up in the indexing head.  take and index the barrel.  180 degrees. take a 3/16 ball nose endmill and put a divit on the barrel.  the hex screw will center on teh divit.  im guessing you wont have acess to this method.  i dont know of any other ways off-hand to do it cause i never had to do it any other way.  ill give it some thought though.

ETA. nice rig

Beautifully elegant.  I wish I did have access to such machinery.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top