Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:17:16 PM EDT
Driving out Roll Pins, specifically Trigger guard one. I am nervous about doing this but I have a Superior Arms trigger guard I wish to install. I have tried tapping out the Roll pin but can't seem to shift it at all. I am not wanting to risk damaging the lower. It's not something easily replaced in the country I live in.
an Idiots Guide would be wonderful?? Has anyone else fitted the same guard, blurb says "secured by 2 roll pins"
Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:46:13 AM EDT
I haven't used the Superior Arms guard you are using but try soaking the roll pins with a penatrating oil overnight. I also recommend using roll pin punches to drive the pins in and out. They make a big difference.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
Get the roll pin punch set for the Ar-15 from brownells, the holder set is also a good investment. Just remember to support the area when you are hammering
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies guys
Mike
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:27:12 AM EDT

Get the roll pin punch set for the Ar-15 from Brownells, the holder set is also a good investment. Just remember to support the area when you are hammering.

What 9mm1911 said. A must have and invaluable for working on your AR ...... remember to support the lower on books, boards, or an armourer's block, also available from Brownells for around $15.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:42 PM EDT
If you're going to work on ARs you need the good punch sets named above.

Take if from a cheap guy who ended up learning to Gunkote because he was too cheap to buy a good punch set. My first two builds were done with a pair of plyers and a nail set. It got ugly.
Top Top