Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:06:40 PM EDT
I got aluminium handguards from JP that are painted matte black and I would like to paint it OD.
What is the best method to paint painted aluminium?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Scuff them up a bit with a Scotch Brite pad, then thoroughly degrease, blow dry with hair dryer getting them nice and warm. Paint, follow with another blow dry. This is the method I've used.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are looking for a finish that will last and is durable and you have access to an airbrush, even a cheap Testors brush I say Norells Moly Resin will work great. Dura Coat also makes an aerosol spray called Dura Bake if you don't have access to an airbrush. You degrease, spray and bake it. Also check Brownells as they make several other aerosol finishes for non airbrush use.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top