Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
OK, so I gave up on this old Colt(pretty sure it's a Colt anyhow, don't have it in front of me at the moment) A1 large hole upper and bought a flat top that fits my lower better. Now I have an A1 upper with nothing to do, and I don't plan on messing with bushings anymore. So, is it worth trying to find a lower that matches this upper, or just sell it and buy something that plays well with newer production parts? If I look for a lower, where besides the EE would I look for one? I have to imagine that most large-hole lowers are happily mated to an upper. Whadya guys think?

-JR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:50 PM EDT
This may fix your problems

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp

worth a look

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:15:24 AM EDT
Does the A1 upper have forward assist? Just curious....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:17:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uxb:
Does the A1 upper have forward assist? Just curious....

If it doesn't, it's not a "A1" type. If it does, then it's not off an SP1 or2, but rather one of the later types.

And if it's a big hole upper withe forward assist, it's worth about twice as much as w/o an F/A. Last one I saw adverted on this site was priced at $175, by Pete in N.H., and that was atleast 2 years ago.

(Shortly afterwards, found one in a pile w/a bunch of GI surp A1 uppers @ a show, and got mine for $80. After having an XM177 clone on an SP1 carbine at my house since 1979, finally got to "E2" it.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:28 PM EDT
I need to go dig it out of storage and take some pics. IIRC, it has a round FA button. Guess I'll have to put it up on the EE later...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:16 PM EDT
The InvisibleSoul inadvertantly gave you the wrong web page. To mate a large-hole Colt upper to a mil-spec small-hole lower, you need a "reverse offset pin", which Bushmaster sells for $16.95. On the other hand, if you want to dump it, I'll gladly take it off your hands!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 6:37:35 PM EDT by yankee2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:35:56 PM EDT
Oooopse sorry

Invisible­soul
Top Top