Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
Well, I finally got to print some groups with my BUIS (ARMS #40 rear and "F" FSB).

I found the gun shot about 5 inches right at 100yds. It seemed to take quite a few clicks on the ARMS 40 to get her straightened out. However, now that I have, the rear sight aperature is VISIBLY to the right.

Is there any reason for me to modify the index pin slot? I was planning on putting a red dot sight on at some point, maybe and EOtech. Will this misalignment cause problemswith than in any way?

The index pin seemed to slip in nice and tight when I built it. I torqued and loosened the barrel nut a few times, and it seemed to take a good amount of torque to get to the next gas tube hole (so it shouldn't be loose). Does this stuff just happen?

BTW, it's a Denny's Gun Operator barrel in a CMT M4 cut upper.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:47:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:12:47 PM EDT
Absolutely.

Here you go:

You can see that I have used quite a bit of adjustment to the right. It doesn't seem WAY out of line, but enough I wanted to make sure I shouldn't do something about it. The barrel seems plenty tight. I remember installing the barrel nut with quite a bit of torque to get to the next gas tube hole (and, I did the tighten loosen 3 times routine just to be sure).

Thanks!
Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:55:34 AM EDT
taggage
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:01:39 AM EDT
Mine does the same thing, but it shoots way off tot he left. I have talked to ARMS about it and they still have not done anything to remedy the situation. This has been going on for 2 years. It is on a Bushy 14.5 AK. When I put the carry handle back on it shoots just fine.
Top Top