Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:16:41 PM EDT
I've never dealt with a free float handguard system and i know i'm probally missing something i just need to know what. I purchased a barrel with FF HG, gas tube, and HG nut, i guess is what it's called, they were all seperate pieces. The FF HG is a round aluminum tube with rings around it about ever 1/2', looks like the regular handguards. I've looked in the FF HG threads but have yet to see the style i have. There is also, what i call a HG nut. It is about an 1 1/8" thick and has OD and ID threads. The HG screws onto the OD threads which are about 1 7/8", and i haven't a clue what screws into the ID threads.On one side there is a sprocket so to speak with holes around it to index the gas tube, and looks like a barrel nut. On the other side it has the ID threads which look to be about an 1 1/4" in diameter. Could anyone provide a pic or a link to a pic which shows the complete assemble, or tell me what i'm missing and installation procedure. Any replies will be greatly appeciated, and emails welcome.Here's the parts i purchased and the FF HG in question. I don't know if this link will be hot, you might have to copy and paste.

members.cox.net/randy3gun/temp/coltparts/DSC01069a.jpg

David

[email protected]

Hey Gene,
   Yeah i read that thread and several others and none of them are showing the style FF HG i have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at this yet: HOW TO  About half way down, there is a section on installing a FF tube, I think this will answer your question.

Gene
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top