Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:57:33 PM EDT
Lower parts kit spend the extra money.Buy a Stag or Bushy parts kit. Started my 2nd build this time I used a Stag lower and parts kit.  Went together like a charm.  Bushy lower and a Dpms parts kit. The Dmps had crappy roll pins saved 10 bucks on the Dmps kit I know why now. No more dmps parts for me.          
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Lower parts kit spend the extra money.Buy a Stag or Bushy parts kit. Started my 2nd build this time I used a Stag lower and parts kit.  Went together like a charm.  Bushy lower and a Dpms parts kit. The Dmps had crappy roll pins saved 10 bucks on the Dmps kit I know why now. No more dmps parts for me.          

+1  I got a DPMS fix-up kit cheap and the firing pin retaining pin wouldn't even fit in my Bushy bolt carrier.  I threw the rest of the DPMS junk in the trash.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I only buy DPMS lower receivers.. nothing else. Their lowers are some of the best I have used.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just put in a bushy lpk with no hitches at all.  The trigger guard is plastic, though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just used a RRA LPK (on RRA lower) and was surprised how well everything fell together. I have used M&A LPK (not bad) and Model 1 (never again) on other builds. Spend the extra bucks.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have used several RRA lower parts kits. I have had no trouble with any of them
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The Stags are even better than the RRA's.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top