Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:59:46 AM EDT
I am a big FAL guy but i want a light weight shooter. and i got in my head to build an early verison A1 w/o forward assist. (i like rifles with history) now i saw sarco parts kits and the are former M16 parts. i know i will have to put'em on an A2 lower but what else do i need to do to make it legal.
oh and there will be no mall ninjia crap on this rifle TIA
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:09:46 PM EDT
You need a new semi-auto selector, hammer, trigger, and disconnector. Basically, all the fire control components of the lower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:11:36 PM EDT
Dont use any of the Fire controle group. (trigger, disconect, selector, hammer).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:16:32 PM EDT
Ditch the FCG parts and replace with AR15 FCG.
Everything else will be cool.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:21:41 PM EDT
Look at the lower carefully also. I doubt they would sell M-16 lowers (check out pics to see the difference) but you can never tell. Look carefully at the parts in the fire control group. Again, I doubt they're selling real M-16 parts in the lower.

If you like the looks of the early Vietnam era M-16, but of course just want a legal semi auto version, CDNN has some brand new Colt SP-1 AR-15 uppers at a pretty good price ($369). You'll need a bolt carrier assembly and charging handle (which I wouldn't buy from CDNN) and a lower. They claim they're brand new.

Normally I don't buy anything serious from CDNN, but they are probably the best scroungers around and where they found a warehouse full of Colt SP-1 uppers is anybody's guess.

Be very careful of M-16 parts though. They could land you in the fryin' pan with the friendly folks at BATFE.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By persimmonpete:
Look at the lower carefully also. I doubt they would sell M-16 lowers (check out pics to see the difference) but you can never tell. Look carefully at the parts in the fire control group. Again, I doubt they're selling real M-16 parts in the lower.

If you like the looks of the early Vietnam era M-16, but of course just want a legal semi auto version, CDNN has some brand new Colt SP-1 AR-15 uppers at a pretty good price ($369). You'll need a bolt carrier assembly and charging handle (which I wouldn't buy from CDNN) and a lower. They claim they're brand new.

Normally I don't buy anything serious from CDNN, but they are probably the best scroungers around and where they found a warehouse full of Colt SP-1 uppers is anybody's guess.

Be very careful of M-16 parts though. They could land you in the fryin' pan with the friendly folks at BATFE.

It is a kit they are selling, not a full gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 4:41:57 AM EDT by hawangdo]
they will give you ar 15 FCG if you ask no extra change. At least thats what its says in Shotgun news ad.

Top Top