Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:59:46 AM EDT
I am a big FAL guy but i want a light weight shooter. and i got in my head to build an early verison A1 w/o forward assist. (i like rifles with history) now i saw sarco parts kits and the are former M16 parts. i know i will have to put'em on an A2 lower but what else do i need to do to make it legal.
oh and there will be no mall ninjia crap on this rifle TIA
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a new semi-auto selector, hammer, trigger, and disconnector.  Basically, all the fire control components of the lower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont use any of the Fire controle group. (trigger, disconect, selector, hammer).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditch the FCG parts and replace with AR15 FCG.
Everything else will be cool.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the lower carefully also. I doubt they would sell M-16 lowers (check out pics to see the difference) but you can never tell. Look carefully at the parts in the fire control group. Again, I doubt they're selling real M-16 parts in the lower.

If you like the looks of the early Vietnam era M-16, but of course just want a legal semi auto version, CDNN has some brand new Colt SP-1 AR-15 uppers at a pretty good price ($369). You'll need a bolt carrier assembly and charging handle (which I wouldn't buy from CDNN) and a lower. They claim they're brand new.

Normally I don't buy anything serious from CDNN, but they are probably the best scroungers around and where they found a warehouse full of Colt SP-1 uppers is anybody's guess.

Be very careful of M-16 parts though. They could land you in the fryin' pan with the friendly folks at BATFE.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look at the lower carefully also. I doubt they would sell M-16 lowers (check out pics to see the difference) but you can never tell. Look carefully at the parts in the fire control group. Again, I doubt they're selling real M-16 parts in the lower.

If you like the looks of the early Vietnam era M-16, but of course just want a legal semi auto version, CDNN has some brand new Colt SP-1 AR-15 uppers at a pretty good price ($369). You'll need a bolt carrier assembly and charging handle (which I wouldn't buy from CDNN) and a lower. They claim they're brand new.

Normally I don't buy anything serious from CDNN, but they are probably the best scroungers around and where they found a warehouse full of Colt SP-1 uppers is anybody's guess.

Be very careful of M-16 parts though. They could land you in the fryin' pan with the friendly folks at BATFE.

It is a kit they are selling, not a full gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
they will give you ar 15 FCG if you ask no extra change. At least thats what its says in Shotgun news ad.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top