Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
Got a bone-stock Bushmaster A2 18"... Put some nice M4 handguards from another upper on it, but I'm looking to put on a bi-pod and make it a cheap beater bunny rabbit, rock, and tin can killer. I know that mounting a rail + bi-pod to the bottom of the M4 handguards will result in a slightly changing POI. I don't expect 1/2" MOA out of this rig, but I'd like to accurize it a little bit, if possible.

Sooo... Not knowing exactly how a free-float handguard attaches (having never seen one), I am a little curious. Can the compression mounts for the handguards be removed, the barrel essentially stripped of all handguard attachment hardware, and the barrel be free-floated in any way?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:50:53 PM EDT
Sweet... Does it mean I have to chop the front sight or anything like that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:04:39 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782--check this out for an idea

for most FF tubes (except the MI one that i can think of right now), the FSB/gas block has to be removed as well as the delta ring assembly and bbl nut
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:03 AM EDT
Question... I have the CAR style A2, 18" bbl. If I chop the front sight down, can I install a mid-length free-float tube? I'd like a longer tube to obscure some of the barrel, and allow me to mount a bi-pod further out from the receiver.
Top Top