Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT
I have a couple questions regarding the replacement of crush washers to peel washers on my rifles.

I purchased a Gemtech Halo suppressor and need to replace all the new style crush washers.

My questions are;

1. Is there any tips on indexing the A2 to get the proper torque and to have it clocked right?

2. Should I oil the threads or use loc-tight blue?

3. The military manual states that it should be torqued to 15-20 FP using the combo wrench, that sound about right?

4. is it common to use more then one peel washer to get the A2 to index right?

5. should there be any concerns on the (trueness) alignment concerning the can, I would hate to get a baffle strike.

Thank you all very much for your time. -Bill
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a couple questions regarding the replacement of crush washers to peel washers on my rifles.

I purchased a Gemtech Halo suppressor and need to replace all the new style crush washers.

My questions are;

1. Is there any tips on indexing the A2 to get the proper torque and to have it clocked right? I keep a close eye and eyeball that it's indexed right

2. Should I oil the threads or use loc-tight blue? No. Just make sure the threads arent gunked or F'ed up.

3. The military manual states that it should be torqued to 15-20 FP using the combo wrench, that sound about right? If thats what it say....then do it. But sometimes I just turn untill tight and index as needed w/o a torque wrench.

4. is it common to use more then one peel washer to get the A2 to index right?`Yes. But if you use a crush washer, you wont need peel washers.

5. should there be any concerns on the (trueness) alignment concerning the can, I would hate to get a baffle strike. I wouldn't think so?

Thank you all very much for your time. -Bill

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
4. is it common to use more then one peel washer to get the A2 to index right?`Yes. But if you use a crush washer, you won't need peel washers.

He must use a peel washer with a sound suppressor, especially with the HALO's design.

As for using peel washers, torque the flash suppressor to 25 pounds. If it won't index with the closed slot on the bottom, remove it and peel a layer or two off the peel washer and try again. Keep doing so until you get the correct index. You don't need to use Loc-Tite on the threads.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I should be good to go when they get here.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top