Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
I'm probably begging for a flameing here but I can take it...

Anyone ever disassemble an ARMS #40 BUIS?  I'm wanting to refinish it to match the midlength rifle I'm building.  It looks like there's only a few roll pins and some springs but it very well may be more challenging than it looks.  Anyone tried this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not on mine. Looks simple enough but not willing to risk it.

Can't you just try taping the parts you do not want to paint?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think so, it wouldn't look very good if I did that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
just tap out those two roll pins and pay attention to how the spring goes back in.  no idea how to remove the release bar.  i just taped mine when refinishing, put it in the up position.  looks decent, missed a little spot under the release bar.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks infsqdldr, that looks really good.  No I'm going to have to do it
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I did mine too. Took it all apart except the release lever. When you look at the release lever spring and how it's attached, you'll see that it would be quite the pain in the arse to disassemble and even harder to rewind around the lever and re-install.

Just do what infsqdldr said and you'll be fine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top