Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:12:32 PM EDT

This isnt the final product though. Im waiting on the Coyote Brown Cav arms A1 buttstock (I borrowed the A2 setup to take it to the range today). Also,im goin to cut off the muzzle brake {mini Y comp} that came on it and put a phantom FH. And if I can find a cheap set of CB handguards, ill replace these. Also waiting magpul trigger guard. Anyways. Here is the grocery list..........

No name Upper painted OD (picked up on the EE)

CMT enhanced bolt carrier group. (had as spare)

DPMS Charging handle (had to borrow this , waiting on an order)

DPMS LPK (order DPMS thru local shop)

Superior Arms Lower (picked up from RB precision)

Hogue Grip (local shop)

Bushmaster 14.5 M4 barrel.  (local shop)

JP trigger/hammer 4.5# springs (local shop)

Cut down hammer (weight reduc) (local shop)

Took it to the range today and put some rounds thru it. Worked like a charm, didnt have to move  the sites too much, I think I went up 2 clicks on the front site base and 3-4 clicks on the rear windage. I absolutely HATE the muzzle brake that bushmaster stuck on this thing {mini Y comp} this is too noisey. IMO. But ill fix that tomorrow.

Between the JP springs, cut down hammer and the Superior ARms lower trigger setscrew this things breaks nice an crisp. The more I shoot it and it loosens up and breaks in , the better it become.

With all the parts I have and the parts im waiting on, I have $543 invested in this AR. So, thats not too bad, I like it and it shots well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
great looking build job well done congrats
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
what range did ya got to ?? ya gonna refinish it ??looks kinda like the one i just put together but mine is a flat top
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job "die -Tryin" nice locking gun, are you going to duracoat the lower?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what range did ya got to ?? ya gonna refinish it ??looks kinda like the one i just put together but mine is a flat top

Went to WAC. Didnt wanna spend 20bux per hour at Knights tryin to sight in a newly built rifle.

Im not sure if Im goin to coat the bottom, at this point (since its together and all greased up) I kinda doubt it. but I may change my mind and do the whole thing some kinda camo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]
here is the cammo job i just did  with dura kote and my air brush  let me know if you wanna do one i R.O.ed at the antolope ta day was there yesterday musta missed ya '

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=440498
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
here is the cammo job i just did  with dura kote and my air brush  let me know if you wanna do one i R.O.ed at the antolope ta day was there yesterday musta missed ya '

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=440498

Looks good. I didnt show up til 3:15 yesterday. I didnt know you were an RO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top