Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:43:12 AM EDT
Are these worth the money (Around $30.00) on a new build, Or just go with the parts included in the LPK??

Thanks, Ronnie
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Try searching KNS there are a few threads already. Here's one of them www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=269396

I like them myself but they are definately not necessary.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I like them myself but they are definately not necessary.

+1...

I have them on every AR I own......
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
They are definately NOT required, but there are TONS of worse things and totally useless things that you could spend $30 on and not get anywhere near the utility of the pins.  If you like them, use them and don't care what anyone else says!

I have them on 5 of my 9 rifles and on my M16.

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a question about these pins.

When I installed a Chip McCormick trigger group in my AR I used these pins in place of the supplied pins with the E-clips.

But when I oiled them lightly to put them in the trigger pin holes in my AR, I was partially shocked to see that they just sort of "slid" right through with very little resistance.  They would catch a bit on the receiver but a small tapp would send them shooting through the trigger unit and to the other side.

Needless to say, I did not think much about it because when I went to fasten them down I noticed that the screws had a bit of loctite (or something) on them.  So I torqued them down by hand nice and slow and the whole unit is rock-solid.

But the idea of how easily those pins went through still haunts me when I think about it.

Should I be worried?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When I installed a Chip McCormick trigger group in my AR I used these pins in place of the supplied pins with the E-clips.

But when I oiled them lightly to put them in the trigger pin holes in my AR, I was partially shocked to see that they just sort of "slid" right through with very little resistance.  They would catch a bit on the receiver but a small tapp would send them shooting through the trigger unit and to the other side.

Needless to say, I did not think much about it because when I went to fasten them down I noticed that the screws had a bit of loctite (or something) on them.  So I torqued them down by hand nice and slow and the whole unit is rock-solid.

But the idea of how easily those pins went through still haunts me when I think about it.

Should I be worried?

I doubt it.

The pins have a prtty smooth surface finish plus the use of the "bullet" that screws in to the pin helps with the assembly a lot. OR the pins could be undersized or your lower oversized. All I know is the two sets I've did went together like you described.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I be worried?

I doubt it.

The pins have a prtty smooth surface finish plus the use of the "bullet" that screws in to the pin helps with the assembly a lot. OR the pins could be undersized or your lower oversized. All I know is the two sets I've did went together like you described.

Ok thanks.

It was an RRA lower and the original pins were a bit tough to get out.  So when these pins literally "slid" into the pin holes I was initially amazed.  BTW, they were the standard pins, not the oversized ones, but the RRA lower seems to have undersized everything so that just added to my shock on how simple they went in and almost fell out the back.

But like you said, no need to worry since the screws have some sort of thread locker on them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Used them in my LMT trigger. That little "bullet" made install a breeze, and they fit tight.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys, for the useful info. I think I will try them on my new lower build.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have them in 2 of my ARs, they arent needed like some have said but they look cool and function (do what they need to do).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I found the bullet after my pins were in LOL!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#11]
If you don't have a full auto I don't think that they are necessary. That being said I have them on two builds because, well lets face it, they look cool.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
When ordering one of these KNS kits for a new RRA lower, which size should I order for a new RRA lower? I will be installing a NM 2 stage also.

Is it the .154 pin size?

Thanks.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Standard for new builds!  To redo wore out sloppy pin holes on trigger assy use the oversize pin kit!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Standard for new builds!  To redo wore out sloppy pin holes on trigger assy use the oversize pin kit!

I think the oversize pins are for Colt rifles.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote from CMMGINC website!

KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(Standard)

KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(.154 diameter). Replaces standard hammer and trigger pins. KNS anti-rotation pins eliminate all wear on receivers. Over time receivers pin holes wallow out causing poor trigger performance. KNS anti-rotation pins feature oiling ports to ensure smooth and consistant operation for the life of the weapon. Pins are SST. Included are two allen wrenches and starter pilot for ease of installation.

Oversized  KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(.1555 diameter). Replaces standard hammer and trigger pins. KNS anti-rotation pins eliminate all additional wear on receivers. Over time receivers pin holes wallow out causing poor trigger performance. KNS anti-rotation pins feature oiling ports to ensure smooth and consistant operation for the life of the weapon. Pins are SST. Included are two allen wrenches and starter pilot for ease of installatioin. Although designed for receivers with slight wear these may be used with new receivers needing tightest possible tolerances.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quote from CMMGINC website!

KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(Standard)

KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(.154 diameter). Replaces standard hammer and trigger pins. KNS anti-rotation pins eliminate all wear on receivers. Over time receivers pin holes wallow out causing poor trigger performance. KNS anti-rotation pins feature oiling ports to ensure smooth and consistant operation for the life of the weapon. Pins are SST. Included are two allen wrenches and starter pilot for ease of installation.

Oversized  KNS Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins(.1555 diameter). Replaces standard hammer and trigger pins. KNS anti-rotation pins eliminate all additional wear on receivers. Over time receivers pin holes wallow out causing poor trigger performance. KNS anti-rotation pins feature oiling ports to ensure smooth and consistant operation for the life of the weapon. Pins are SST. Included are two allen wrenches and starter pilot for ease of installatioin. Although designed for receivers with slight wear these may be used with new receivers needing tightest possible tolerances.

I would use the .155 for Rock River however if you are using a custom trigger make sure the pin size will work before ordering them.  All 3 of my AR`s have them.

The Colts are .170.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top