Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:17:37 PM EDT
I've decided to get a MEGA upper and throw a 20" heavy barrel on it. I'm doing this so I can swap out my 16"upper when I want a change for the range. Anywho... where can I get base for the gas tube rather than getting one with a front sight on it? This is going to be a flat top upper and did'nt need a front sight anyway because she's going to be scoped. And is $180 a good deal for a government heavy barrel with a 1:7 twist new? No flash hider...but that's a later story anyway.

Ken
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Gov/Profile 20"is the build im working on now,180 sounds good if its a good one.New [email protected].
Watch out for the heavy barrels there heavy!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've decided to get a MEGA upper and throw a 20" heavy barrel on it. I'm doing this so I can swap out my 16"upper when I want a change for the range. Anywho... where can I get base for the gas tube rather than getting one with a front sight on it? This is going to be a flat top upper and did'nt need a front sight anyway because she's going to be scoped. And is $180 a good deal for a government heavy barrel with a 1:7 twist new? No flash hider...but that's a later story anyway.

Ken

Where did you find a 20" HBAR w 1/7" twist ?   I have been looking for one for a while without luck and 180.00 is a good price for one

try Del-ton or one of the other dealers in the Industry forum for the Gas Block
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ken

What? Which one is it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Believe it or not, e-gunparts (formerly Numrichs) has it. You gotta look under the Colt manufacturer and then under one of the many AR15 sub-catagories they got.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=197300A

Ken
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I have been looking High and low. That is just what the doctor ordered.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top