Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:13:09 PM EDT
Ok, I am putting together a rifle and need the boards help.
I am trying to build a rifle that screams "dont mess with him, he can shoot you if your in the next state" So far I have a 1 in 8 twist stainless 20" heavy barrel, a weaver gas block, flat top upper, global tactical lower, NM trigger, bolt carrier group, and a regular cheap ass float tube.

I plan on adding a Magpul PRS stock and a Badger float tube and of course good optics. For the scope rings I want to use Armalite single piece scope base.

Now for my question, what type of pistol grip do you think I should use and what kind of flash hider?
I was thinking about a foxbat grip and a vortec flash hider? Remember, it has to look cool so when I go nuts and start sneaking around in the woods killing zombies they will say "man thats a sexy rifle" before I shoot them. I also plan on installing a badger gas block.

Any suggestions? Any improvements?
Remember this is for the range, not work. My job provides me with the bad guy killers so I dont need to worry about any of that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to mention I am going to camoflage the entire rifle besides the barrel which I intend to have bead blasted, and the gas block and flash hider which will be black.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont care for the MIAD so much. As for the barrel, I think the bead blasted stainless will be dulled down enough. I might get it painted too, not sure on that yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Am I reading it correct that you are going to camo everything, except the barrel, which you will make standout?  Not giving you a hard time, just checking on something.

As far as the grip, take a look at the MIAD, it is modular, and can be adjusted to fit just about any hand.  Don't worry, they also look good....

+1, A very good grip.

Also you might look at a SPR grip, however some don't like them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I like the SPR grip. And I also like the tango down grip, I like the foxbat also but it looks a little big for my taste.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
What about a different float tube? I dont want the traditional one or a rail system, I want something a little different and I like the Badger but it seems a bit heavy and if I do have to hump this rifle I dont want to have it kick my ass.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What about a different float tube? I dont want the traditional one or a rail system, I want something a little different and I like the Badger but it seems a bit heavy and if I do have to hump this rifle I dont want to have it kick my ass.

PRI
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
PRi, there is an option, I like it but it is a bit too round for my taste. What about their breaks? Do you think one would be suited for my purposes?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the GTS lower. i got one they are sweet

vortex flash hider
MIAD grip
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Remember, it has to look cool so when I go nuts and start sneaking around in the woods killing zombies they will say "man thats a sexy rifle" before I shoot them.

Please do more research. Zombies don't talk.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
But don't zombies say "Brraaaaiiiinnnnnnnsssssssssss..............." when they walk around the woods at night?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#12]
That must be the voices I hear....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
oops
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesnt camoflage hide the rifle? How will the Zombies see it in the woods?If you want them to say WOW I think you should gold plate several parts to simulate a tight grill then carve "Whaaaaaaassssssuuuuppp Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooaccch! in the stock. That would be the shiznit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, you read my mind... I am going to call this rifle the ZK-15 (zombie killer) I guess this one could be the bling bling version.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:48:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
shouldnt you have it sand blasted and not bead blasted?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
From everything I have read if I am trying to dull it out then  I need to bead blast it, if I am going to refinish it then I need to sand blast it. I was talking about bringing the shine down on it, not refinishing it when I was talking about the bead blasting.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top