Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:11:05 AM EDT
OK, so I am thinking about building my first SBR, but I have some questions first...1: Do I need to get the ATF tax stamp BEFORE I order the barrel or just before I install it on the upper, and 2: I am thinking about moving from South Carolina to Oregon, do I need to get any additional paperwork for the SBR when I move, or is the ATF tax stamp enough?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:15:52 AM EDT
It's best to have the paperwork before you have both an upper and lower sitting around. Storing the short upper at the house of a friend who does not own a non NFA AR removes any legal issues.

Once you have registered the weapon, you send in a form to have your paperwork ammended if you move, you do not have to register the weapon again, nor do you have to send another $200.
Top Top