Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 8:59:52 AM EDT
I've been lurking for a while, read as much as I could about the SBRs folks are putting together, and I have some (well, lots) of questions.  So bare with me, I'm trying to get these rifles underway, so I've got a lot to talk about.

First of all, I've only seen pistol caliber uppers in 9mm.  I was wondering if anyone makes quality uppers in any other pistol calibers, say maybe .40SW or .45ACP.

Second, I am also building an SBR in .223, but I am not sure how short to go.  I am thinking 10.5" as I want a standard length handguard.  Are there any advantages (other than size) to a 7.5" upper?  Will I need to adjust the gas system, buffer, or anything else for a 10.5" upper?

I plan on building a total of four rifles, two of which will be SBRs.  I'd like to have the option of supressing the two SBRs.  Will supressors require their own Form 1's and $200 tax, or can I put supressors on registered SBRs without any additional work?

As I will be buying stripped lowers, I will need to add trigger groups.  The only experience I have with triggers are with the stock Bushmaster on one of my current rifles, and the RRA two-stage.  I like the latter, but I am curious what other lower-cost options are available.  I don't need match triggers for the SBRs, but I would like something a little more upgraded from the stock triggers that are out there.  Is the RRA the next best thing, or is there something else I should be looking at?

Finally, my wife runs several small companies from home.  I have read about using a corporation or LLC on the Form 1's instead of a private party, and the benefits that come with it.  My question is, having not yet looked at the paperwork, how difficult is it to use a company instead, and what happens to the paperwork/rifles if the companies are closed down, moved, etc?

Thanks for any help guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of good info over in the FA forum answers to your questions have been covered many times over there
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
10-4, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been lurking for a while, read as much as I could about the SBRs folks are putting together, and I have some (well, lots) of questions.  So bare with me, I'm trying to get these rifles underway, so I've got a lot to talk about.

First of all, I've only seen pistol caliber uppers in 9mm.  I was wondering if anyone makes quality uppers in any other pistol calibers, say maybe .40SW or .45ACP.
Olympic is the only comercail option for 40 & 45

Second, I am also building an SBR in .223, but I am not sure how short to go.  I am thinking 10.5" as I want a standard length handguard.  Are there any advantages (other than size) to a 7.5" upper?  Will I need to adjust the gas system, buffer, or anything else for a 10.5" upper?
10.5" seems to be the length that is ammo sensitive, unless you buy one of the $$$ ones currently on the market.   I run 7.5" and 11.5" with no problems

I plan on building a total of four rifles, two of which will be SBRs.  I'd like to have the option of supressing the two SBRs.  Will supressors require their own Form 1's and $200 tax, or can I put supressors on registered SBRs without any additional work?
Store bought supressor will each transfer out to you on a Form-4, unless you choose to make your own on a Form-1.  With the suppressor, you is frre to spin it on what ever is appropriate

As I will be buying stripped lowers, I will need to add trigger groups.  The only experience I have with triggers are with the stock Bushmaster on one of my current rifles, and the RRA two-stage.  I like the latter, but I am curious what other lower-cost options are available.  I don't need match triggers for the SBRs, but I would like something a little more upgraded from the stock triggers that are out there.  Is the RRA the next best thing, or is there something else I should be looking at?
Std parts will serve the purpose

Finally, my wife runs several small companies from home.  I have read about using a corporation or LLC on the Form 1's instead of a private party, and the benefits that come with it.  My question is, having not yet looked at the paperwork, how difficult is it to use a company instead, and what happens to the paperwork/rifles if the companies are closed down, moved, etc?

Thanks for any help guys.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top