Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
I removed my barrel yesterday ( as I have done many times before using a DPMS claw, barrel wrench and a vise). The barrel nut may have been a little tighter than the others but I can't say for certain. Upon removing the barrel I noticed the indexing pin to be canted and upon touching it, it moved. I could also remove it without force. This ever happen to anyone else? Any idea as to what caused it? I am getting it replaced for free from the un- named company ( they are excellent and have addressed this with much vigilance so they will remain un-named). Just asking for my own information. I did nothing differently than I have done many times before.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The pin is too short, and the hole is not drilled proper...

The hole for the pin should be bored through the extension, and into the threaded portion of the barrel so that the pin effectively locks the extension to the barrel, and pin is supported proper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I had this happen... I would reference this link from Bushmaster.  I would not dril into the barrel extension though...this pin indexes the barrel in place with the upper and is not made to to keep the extension in place.  http://www.bushmaster.com/faqnew/content_by_cat.asp?contentid=181&catid=100
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top