Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:34:34 PM EDT
Hi All,

I am looking to pruchase the lower for my AR build..I have aLMT 14.5 upper/CMT M-16 BCG and am now ready for the lower. I've searched for data on the Forums and haven't realyy been persuaded one way or the other.....I am looking to buy either:

1. LMT lower (guess I'd have almost a "pure" LMT rifle then)
2. CMT Lower
3. ???? so many to choose

Whats would you guys say in terms of overall quality/dependability..or does it really even matter?

Opinions appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 2:22:41 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
a lower is a lower and its sole purpose is to house the parts.

resale value might be of consideration if that matters to you. the majority of the lowers i have used are damn near identical other than slight variation in finish and of course the rear shelf not including colt's oddball lowers.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:11:47 PM EDT
I personally really like the Stag arms lower I have (Stag is CMT). It is really high quality and a good price. You can't go wrong with a Bushmaster or RRA or other major names, but I like Stag. There are also down the street from me so I like to support a local business. So mostly personal preference and how much you are willing to spend determines which lower to get. As long as they are in spec, you can't go to wrong.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 4:40:13 PM EDT by txgp17]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:30:21 PM EDT
damn deer head.

superior arms makes awesome lowers. really east to put the front detent in too since they drill the hole a little deeper. check out RBPRECISION they are great to deal with and ship fast.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:33:44 PM EDT
Unless you want your lower labeled like a bottle of Jägermeister (which is not necessarily a bad thing... ) Perhaps you should look at Mega.

Cheap - and the attention to detail is superb.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:29:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GunDraw:
Unless you want your lower labeled like a bottle of Jägermeister (which is not necessarily a bad thing... ) Perhaps you should look at Mega.

www.carricozarmory.com/images/mega_915.JPG

Cheap - and the attention to detail is superb.

Gundraw

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:01:39 AM EDT
for fit, finish and $$$ I really like using RRA lowers. Never ran in to any trouble using them in any of my builds
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:56:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By grizzlyarms:
damn deer head.

superior arms makes awesome lowers. really east to put the front detent in too since they drill the hole a little deeper. check out RBPRECISION they are great to deal with and ship fast.

+1

my superior post

i've since this post torn down all the superior lowers and used a ceramic knife sharpening system (lansky) to polish the hammer and sear on these units. combined with JP springs and the superior set screw, these are fantastic triggers. just a little creep, but it's smooth and devoid of the dreaded "gravel"...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:26:48 AM EDT
Thanks for the opinions, guys! I have ordered a LMT with SOPMOD from Legal Tranfers....so I guess I'll have a complete LMT M4..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:44:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By XM15M4Guy:
Thanks for the opinions, guys! I have ordered a LMT with SOPMOD from Legal Tranfers....so I guess I'll have a complete LMT M4..

get it built. post the pics...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:02:54 PM EDT

Only, LMT won't recognize it as a complete LMT M4.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:17:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By terrydavis:

Only, LMT won't recognize it as a complete LMT M4.

Close enough for me
Top Top