Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 3:22:52 PM EDT by darrenk75b]
Well, thanks to the hard work and dedication of a few individuals, I, like many others here in Cali, am now the proud owner of a stripped lower.

I have been scouring the web looking for a kit that will fill my needs, while not being too expensive. Perhaps you can help ease the confusion.

I am looking to build a no-frills carbine that is accurate. No, I'm not looking for a match rifle, but one that is capable of MOA accuracy. I prefer the shorter, 16" barrels, and though I like profile of the M4 barrel, I think that it offers nothing to the basic rifle.

The receiver will need to be a flat-top on which I'll mount iron sights and eventually a scope (I'm not really a fan red-dots, as I'm not looking for a CQB rifle).

The problem that I have is that there seem to be few reports on the accuracy of standard carbine-type rifles. I am looking at some of the kits from JT, Del-ton and M&A. Would it be reasonable to believe that this type of accuracy could be expected from one of these carbine kits? I don't want to go to an uber-precise, bull-barreled rifle that doesn't lend itself to being carried through the woods on the persuit of some 4-legged critter.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
good ammo and practice makes for good groups.

i like jt's kits.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:32:53 AM EDT
I'm not worried about my ability, rather the accuracy potential or the rifle itself. Don't get me wrong though- much shootin' is in the near future!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:53:58 PM EDT
Unless you get a flawed barrel, it will probably shoot better than you are capable. If you are seriously concerned, get a SS barrel as they don't cost much more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By darrenk75b:
Well, thanks to the hard work and dedication of a few individuals, I, like many others here in Cali, am not the proud owner of a stripped lower.

Well, then you don't need a kit then.

Just kidding about the typo -- I know that you meant "now" instead of "not".

Good to hear that you guys are finally sticking it to Feinstein.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
Oops!here,
Top Top