Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
As a follow up to one of my other questions do people have opinions on a good chambering for a AR-10 I am building?  I was looking at Noveskes 7.62 Noveske Match Mod 1 or a Krieger with a .308 Spec Chamber.  Opinions? Thoughts?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a specific type of ammo in mind, then have the chamber/throat cut for it.

In regards to barrels, When it's an all out tack driver, I will run with Rocky Moutian Barrels if the lead time is not long, or if I need a barrel faster, will run with a Kreiger. Both of theses are Broach cut and hand lapped. Bottom line is to find a smith some what local, and who will stand behind his custom barrels in case there is a problem with it not printing.

Note: Rocky Moutian barrel Works is local for me, and Mark can have lead times of over a years, so be forewarned if you decide to have him make a barrel for you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you have a specific type of ammo in mind, then have the chamber/throat cut for it.

In regards to barrels, When it's an all out tack driver, I will run with Rocky Moutian Barrels if the lead time is not long, or if I need a barrel faster, will run with a Kreiger. Both of theses are Broach cut and hand lapped. Bottom line is to find a smith some what local, and who will stand behind his custom barrels in case there is a problem with it not printing.

Note: Rocky Moutian barrel Works is local for me, and Mark can have lead times of over a years, so be forewarned if you decide to have him make a barrel for you.

Do you have contact info for Rocky Mountain Barrels?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like you just want a good 308 barrel.
I can build you one on any manufacturer's blank, any profile, length etc...
243, 260, 7-08, 308 match, 338 federal...
More details on my website which is below in my signature.

Would 243, 260, 7-08, 338 federal work with the original bolt?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top