Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
As a follow up to one of my other questions do people have opinions on a good chambering for a AR-10 I am building? I was looking at Noveskes 7.62 Noveske Match Mod 1 or a Krieger with a .308 Spec Chamber. Opinions? Thoughts?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:49:52 AM EDT
If you have a specific type of ammo in mind, then have the chamber/throat cut for it.

In regards to barrels, When it's an all out tack driver, I will run with Rocky Moutian Barrels if the lead time is not long, or if I need a barrel faster, will run with a Kreiger. Both of theses are Broach cut and hand lapped. Bottom line is to find a smith some what local, and who will stand behind his custom barrels in case there is a problem with it not printing.

Note: Rocky Moutian barrel Works is local for me, and Mark can have lead times of over a years, so be forewarned if you decide to have him make a barrel for you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:00:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dano523:
If you have a specific type of ammo in mind, then have the chamber/throat cut for it.

In regards to barrels, When it's an all out tack driver, I will run with Rocky Moutian Barrels if the lead time is not long, or if I need a barrel faster, will run with a Kreiger. Both of theses are Broach cut and hand lapped. Bottom line is to find a smith some what local, and who will stand behind his custom barrels in case there is a problem with it not printing.

Note: Rocky Moutian barrel Works is local for me, and Mark can have lead times of over a years, so be forewarned if you decide to have him make a barrel for you.

Do you have contact info for Rocky Mountain Barrels?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:16:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:34:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT by -C4-]

Originally Posted By AR15barrels:
Sounds like you just want a good 308 barrel.
I can build you one on any manufacturer's blank, any profile, length etc...
243, 260, 7-08, 308 match, 338 federal...
More details on my website which is below in my signature.

Would 243, 260, 7-08, 338 federal work with the original bolt?

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:01:12 AM EDT
Top Top