Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:52:18 AM EDT
For those of you who've built on a Stag receiver, using a Stag upper and lower and a Delton kit:

What would you change or what did you not like about the kit you received? What part would you change now if you could?

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
the uppers come built.

everything else is fine considering its a kit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:13:52 PM EDT
The Del-Ton kit that I used for my first build was a top notch kit. The customer service I got from Del-Ton was above the bar, and the quality of the kit itself was very good for the money. I recommend Del-Ton to anybody building their first AR. In fact I may have to order another kit from Del-Ton right now!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:52:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dalesimpson:
The Del-Ton kit that I used for my first build was a top notch kit. The customer service I got from Del-Ton was above the bar, and the quality of the kit itself was very good for the money. I recommend Del-Ton to anybody building their first AR. In fact I may have to order another kit from Del-Ton right now!hr

+1 on everything he said. I did my 1st build with Del-ton and couldnt be happier.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:07 PM EDT
great kit
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:25:08 PM EDT
I got my lower 1/2 from them. Stag Arms A2 Stock Lower. While not a kit, I got it in one piece and in a timely matter. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:28:10 PM EDT
I built mine on a DPMS lower with no problems. If I could change something I would have paid 45 extra for the chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:05:49 AM EDT
I'd get a different lpk. A RRA or Stag lpk is much nicer; for instance the roll pins are real roll pins. Other than that I'm happy with the kit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:40:45 AM EDT
More than satisfied with the company and kit as is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:29:58 PM EDT
I just recieved my 20" kit today. I mounted it on a Superior arms lowed. I really like it, except the stock is a dull grey color and does not match the rest of the rifle. I also had a problem with one roll pin being out of speck.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 7:47:33 PM EDT by ACK]
I ordered two lower kits. A week later they were received. Fair to good components. First lower was assembled w/o any problems. On the second kit the detent springs (2) were missing. Called them on Monday, on Friday the missing components were in my mailbox. Good customer service.
I would use them again.

ACK
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:16:24 AM EDT
I've had no real problems with my Del-ton kit and Stag lower. My only real issue is the takedown pin is excessively tight.

Some people can push theirs out with a bullet or they're finger; I need to use a punch and hammer. But it's more of an annoyance than an issue.

I would like to get a KNS anti-walk pin set, but I don't have any problems that would need one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
Have built three Del-ton kits, two w/ Stag lowers and one w/ DPMS...plan on building several more, I'm a sucker for a good product and GREAT customer service.
Top Top