Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:03:10 PM EDT
My ar experience has mostly been in the varminter arena and not the tactical. I have yet to build my own ar from scratch, but have swapped barrels, stocks, and triggers. I want to build an ar as compact as possible for social use. As of right now my starting point is that I have a colt factory trigger assembly with large pins. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I want to end up with the lightest and shortest weapon possible. And I want the ability to have an optic mounted that will still allow the use of the iron sights through that optic (sights removeable), and will want to mount a combat light (maybe a laser later) to the hand guard. I am in no hurry and will take my time and buy the larger and more expensive components on a used basis if possible. Thanks is advance, 2200v
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:49 PM EDT
Does your state allow SBRs?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 9:07:28 PM EDT by 2200v]
I assume you mean short barreled rifle. I live in VA and I just checked the regs in the legal section and short rifles are allowed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:31:12 PM EDT
Yes, that is what I mean. I wouldn't go any shorter than 11.5", but thats just me. I've used 6.5" barreled AR15/ M16s that ran great.
Top Top