Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:29:05 PM EDT
Headspacing… All our barrel assemblies are headspaced at the factory and are shipped ready for assembly and use. Barrel assemblies can be ordered with either a stepped, crowned muzzle (for Post-Ban rifles) or a threaded muzzle for attachment of a flash suppressor or muzzle brake. BATF rulings permit permanent factory installation of muzzle brakes on certain Post-Ban barrels if overall length equals at least 16". Ask your Bushmaster representative about the variety of muzzle brake options available for Post-Ban barrels
**********************************­************************************

T­his is off the Bushmaster page and my quetion is if I take the bbl off , do i need to have to have the headspacing redone? I have a bushmaster M4 that I am painting. What do you think ? I dont realy know a lot about the bbl on off procedure.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:19:26 PM EDT
Removing (and reinstalling??) your barrel will have no effect on headspace as long as you keep the same bolt with that barrel. It is those 2 items alone that determine headspace, not the upper receiver onto which you attach the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:23:18 PM EDT
Ya its only a remove and reinstall. Thanks I dont want to fuc up my gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:33:39 AM EDT
headspacing is not adjustable or easily changed on the ar
Top Top