Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2003 12:58:12 AM EDT
I cant get the Roll pin out of the Bolt that holds in the ejector. Do i have to depress  ejector then try to drive out the small roll pin? Or am i not doing something right?

Thanks- s-3
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]

You should be able to tap out the roll pin with a 1/16" punch and hammer... after the roll pin is out the spring and ejector will pop out as you withdraw the punch.  You may need to use a vise to secure the bolt and get the roll pin started.

To reinstall, confirm the groove on the ejector is rotated so the roll pin can be installed, compress the spring/ejector with a 3/8" punch while installing the roll pin... almost a 3 handed job without a vise...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Two handed job is you first start the roll pin with the bolt in a vise, then use a spent casing and the ejector to hold the ejector pin in.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
sinclair makes a vise like tool that makes this easy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
To answer your question, yes, you should apply pressure to the ejector before you drive the pin out. As previously stated, a empty casing does this well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a lot Guys, i do have a vice and roll pin Punches so it shouldnt be too hard.

Thanks, s-3
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I see no reason to have to depress the ejector while removing the roll pin, I have never needed to.  When the roll pin pops out, the punch will be holding the ejector back. So you don't have to worry about the ejector zinging out upon removal.  Just be sure to catch it when you remove the punch.  However, the ejector WILL need to be held in when you go to reinstall the roll pin.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a lot mike, i kind of figured the Punch would hold the Ejector in.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top