Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:49:48 AM EDT
I started with a Mega lower I got last week and it's perfect. I will get getting the upper fron Sarco. The question I have is this will ba the sister to my 20" HBAR, this will be the 16". I would like the know the options with the caliber. I like the idea is going 9mm, 7.62, 40sw or 45acp. Where can I find them. I want to build it one piece at a time. I dont have the funds for the whole upper and it not from the maker I am using. I want a gas block for flip up sights. Model 1 has the barrel in the M4 style but it olny listed in 5.56/223. Bull is a option too. Any information will help.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Chas66 - The Armory in Virginia Beach has .45 & 9mm barrels in stock!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about all of them, but the problem with the 7.62's is getting a good mag for them. It is hard because due to the case being more angled you need a banana type clip. Not sure of anyone that makes a good mag for them. That could be a problem. I would say fuck it and stick with 223 or 5.56, you can get an AK or SKS if you want to burn through some 7.62.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Check Olympic Arms at:

[url]http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html[/url]

They have a variety of alternative calibers of which you can purchase just the barrel / bolt combination.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top