Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 2:22:37 AM EDT
Guys, I want to turn my Bushmaster into a varminter.  Part of what I would like to do is install their 2 stage trigger.  It looks difficult.  Should I take the project on or leave it to a gun smith?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a simple task that should take a 1st timer no more than 15 minutes. Follow the instructions that come with the trigger and you'll do fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what I thought....I manged to FUBAR mine and had to send it to Tommy at GPSS....(thats where I got the trigger)he said he would fix it he did then charged my CC a 35.00 fee....
The trigger spring must be tweeked a little (there was no instructions with my trigger)I could get the trigger to work but it was stiff and not crisp.....
when it came back from GPSS it was sweet.....and it hasn't changed any....
(EDITED TO ADD... that I FUBARED the trigger,by stripping out the set screw heads on the spring loaded ball pushers,after I put locktite on it,then I took vice grips and a hammer to it...It was not pretty......thanks Tommy)

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on the trigger, but first things first.  If you haven't bought the Bushy trigger - [b]DON'T[/b] it's a POS.  Get an RRA match trigger instead.  It's much better and easy to install as well (no set screws or adjustments).

Edited to add:  it has been brought to my attention that I may have been confusing the Bushy trigger with another (perhaps the old CLE trigger).  However, the RRA is easy - there are no screws or spring adjustments (normally).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top