BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 6:28:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Thanks for all the good tips you've posted.

Are you the same guys that used to make a really great cast bullet (until, I think, Bill Wilson bought the bullet making operation)? If so, I was once one of your distributors. Sold a zillion of them under my own brand.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a drill bit of the correct size into the hole prior to assembly. Left over habit from my previous employer. Cleans up burrs, anodizing and blasting media. I've got a line on the blunt end of the bit that is the correct depth of the the plunger spring hole. Once I run the drill bit into the hole I flip the bit over and use it to gage the depth of the spring hole.

Two other things to check;
Once you have the whole rifle assembled make sure that the paddle of the bolt catch isn't touching the outside of the upper receiver.

Then, push in on the bottom of the catch and retract the bolt carrier. The BC should easily with the catch dragging on it. Sometimes the pin hole for the catch is mislocated or the catch is too long and the catch will snag on the bottom of the BC. The HA fix is to radius the upper right corner of the bolt catch until it no longer snags the BC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
some minor tweaking.
View Quote

Waaaaatch it bub.[coffee]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do Denny.

She's been busy making go fast guns.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16324[/img]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top