Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 1:05:25 PM EDT
I just assembled my lower, not as bad as I thought the only parts that went flying were the bolt catch plunger and spring during a test fit. Found them however, now that I have assembled the bolt catch, it dosen't seem like I have tension from the plunger.

I tested it prior to final assembly and it moved. Any advice? With everything assembled it does lock and releases fine when pulling back on the charging handle.

Karl
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:30:04 PM EDT
Does the bolt catch roll pin fit through the hole in the bolt catch without any resistance? The reason I ask is that the bolt catch that came in my RRA "lower receiver kit" had a molding/casting flaw in the hole that I had to remove with a dremel tool before it would rotate freely on it's pin.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:42:08 PM EDT
No, I had to tap it in with a punch and hammer. Everything fit the way it should with my Mega Lower. Karl
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:55:14 PM EDT
Never mind problem solved. I put a little Hoppe's #9 on it. This has been soaking since my original posting and I just checked it and it's fine. Oh, I'm sorry let me rephrase that "I played with it" ;) can't wait to try it out.
Top Top