Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 10:04:46 AM EDT
I am currently working on a project and need 3 front sight bases for a Colt pencil barrel. Does anyone know what the barrel diameter of these barrels are under the front sight bases.  A friend of mine has one and it appears to be less than 0.750.  Any information about where I can get these bases would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
.750 is correct. I have never seen or heard of a Colt pencil barrel that did not use this size. It may not be EXACTLY .750 but that's what they were made for, Colt pencil barrels.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Just measured three pencil barrels that I have, two are FNMI, one is a Colt, and all three measure .625 under the front sight, between the taper pins. My Colt HBAR and my Knight SR-15 M4 profile both measure .750 in the same place.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I got some from CMMG awhile ago.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some, but sold the uppers.  I was told that those site bases were tougher to come by, by a good source, making me think they were smaller than the standard size.  I would go with the .625 guess.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
My pencil thin Colt and Bushmaster barrels are .625 under the sight. I believe that Bushmaster states this on their web site. I've asked them if I could purchase this smaller front sight individually. They told me that this wasn't an option.
Thanks.....Chad
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top