Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 8:34:22 PM EDT
Does anyone with a Colt 9mm mag block know if Sten mags will fit?

I have a RRA block and thought my Sten mags would fit but they don't (mags are too big front to back). Before I buy a Colt block, need to know if the mags fit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=136191[/url]
Takes awhile to read but answers your questions.........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it seems easier to buy uzi mags then deal with the modification and headache from the block mod.

Thanks Underdog
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well it seems easier to buy uzi mags then deal with the modification and headache from the block mod.

Thanks Underdog
View Quote

For some, yes.... for others no.  To each his own....
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Kaliburz

I am still reading that huge post about the Sten mag mod. Sounds good but too detailed for me right now. My hat is off to you guys. I really would love to get the Sten mags to work with that 2 piece block you guys made.

I wanted Sten mags for my M11 and this RRA 9mm project. But I will have to go the UZI route for now on the RRA upper project.

However, could you email me the text and pic instructions on the mod if you still have it? email me and I'll give you my work email which is large enough to hold pics.

Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://quarterbore.com/ar15m16/colt2stenmags.html[/url]

Quarterbore hosted the text on his web page (link was listed on page 8 of the above mentioned thread).

Edit-  To answer the original question, the single peice "Colt style blocks" do not work w/ Sten mags.  Stens are wider and longer (deeper if you want to call it).
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it thanks. I finished reading the long post now. I will buy one of those blocks that everyone is waiting for. Maybe I can keep the Sten comatibility after all!!!!!!!
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks Underdog
View Quote

No prob bro, What part of VA are ya from?.......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Or you could simply buy the Hy-Tech block, do a little clean up to it, and use the plain old Uzi mags as-is..... use your notching money to buy more mags.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=166968[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top