Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 8:08:31 AM EDT
I have a postban colt LW, I'm looking for a trigger job that i can do myself. I've red the post about the compond and spring cutting and it just doesnt seam like the right way to do a job.Can i buy a spring kit? does wolf make one?

I'm low on cash and want to do a good job the first time and still be reliable.Is there a site that shows some diffrent ways to lighten the trigger to about 3lbs? what is the stock trigger pull?

Dont get me wrong my gun shoot great but i know it can be better
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:31:20 AM EDT
I just installed a Yellow Tavern reduced power spring kit in my AR ([url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168257[/url]). It definitely lightened the trigger pull and was only $2.35 (or $4.00 for non-dealer/C&R discount).
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:31:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2003 9:33:03 AM EDT by Yojimbo]
Originally Posted By Engineer: I just installed a Yellow Tavern reduced power spring kit in my AR ([url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168257[/url]). It definitely lightened the trigger pull and was only $2.35 (or $4.00 for non-dealer/C&R discount).
View Quote
Do you feel the light spring set may cause light primer strikes? What ammo have you fired since changing the springs?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:46:00 AM EDT
Yojimbo, I haven't had a chance to test out the springs yet, but I'll probably get a chance sometime next week. So far, my experiences with the 15-minute trigger job haven't been great and I experienced some light strikes on my reloads which used CCI's No. 41 reduced sensitivity primers. The pull weight with the YT springs seems a bit higher than that obtained with the 15 minute trigger job (and it may very well be that I bent the springs too far, but I think I was careful enough to maintain the specified angles), so my SWAG is that this setup should work. I'll definitely report any failures that I have with this setup once I have a chance to test it out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:58:09 PM EDT
i've got a set of the jp lighter springs in mine. my A2 was a JT kit, so the trigger wasn't really all that bad to start off with. anywho, the jp springs are much lighter, i can't say how much lighter though. i intstalled a set of yellow taverns on my room mate's bushy, and he said that he could tell worlds of difference. FWIW. -Grant
Top Top