Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2003 7:30:03 PM EDT
Finally all the parts came in! Ambi Safety, Ambi mag release, 6 position stock, heavy 16" barrel, 3 rail gas block, fliptop front sight, C-more quad rail handguard, detachable rear sight, tritium inserts, Ambi tactical latch, Ambi tactical sling ring for stock, lo-pro flat top LEFT-handed receiver, carrier and LEFT handed bolt. Put it all together and it looks awesome! Atleast that's what I thought till I put the loaded mag in to test functioning. Insert mag , pull back on ambi tactical latch , let 'er rip round chambers, repeat procedure and round DOES NOT EJECT! Examine problem and how could I have missed it.... DPMS sent a right handed bolt instead of a left handed bolt!.
Called DPMS, left handed bolts on back order. Man, that sucks!
Does anyone know where or who may have a left handed bolt I can buy now???? I want to finish this project. Suggestions welcome , except the one about cutting a port on the right side.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:52:49 PM EDT
Well, you could always cut a... no, wait. You didn't want to hear that. Well, to keep from appearing to be too much of a smart @$$, look at this: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3627126618&category=383[/url] (passing on advice from someone wiser/older) Remember, ebay is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:42:41 PM EDT
Thanks, put in my bid!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:47:42 AM EDT
Mrgadget,how do you like you lefty receiver? I'm thinking of buying one and building my next AR. How does it come,by this i mean does it need any drilling or filing or do you install the parts and go???
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:06:16 PM EDT
You going to put that 6 position stock on a post ban receiver?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:50:05 PM EDT
It so far has been a put together affair, every thing fits just right. Final judgement will be at the range when I get my bolt. Then I will be happy to give report on it. If this goes well, I may do a varment type rig with the FFT-SPBA receiver and 24" barrel. The base lower for this project is a 1972 CAR Colt original. I am putting all the Colt parts including the original upper in storage.
Top Top