Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 8:42:50 AM EDT
I've lost my Build it Yourself virginity.  Completed my first one last night.  Eagle Arms lower, Rock River parts kit, and Cavalry Arms A1 stock.  Did it without punches , only tools used were an allen wrench, a five ounce hammer, and my leatherman.  Building is FUN!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No replies, not even an "atta-boy, good job"?  I'm gonna go cry now.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Way to go Dude!

Started planning number 2 yet?

Pic would be nice.

Enjoy!

MM419
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll chime in.  Congrats.  You'll never need to buy a complete lower again.  Now try the upper.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Atta-boy, good job!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!! Now you have the black rifle bug! I have so much fun building that I have started number 3 and am going to follow medicmandan's suggestion and try the upper. Have fun with your new toy!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
This thing is a bloody disease.  I now own two complete AR rifles and have come to the realization that two is nowhere near enough.  I think I need three, after that I'll decide four, and then five, and so on and so on.  Thanks guys.  I'll put up some pics when I get the scanner working.

edit to fix my lack of typing skill.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty soon you'll need a rack for all of them.  They are really fun to build, and relatively easy as well.  I caught the AR-15 bug when I was a senior in HS.   I joined to Army to shoot an M-16 and stayed 22 years.  I've just finished an M-4 and it shoots great!

Good shooting!   [sniper]
DG
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Virgin Builder??

Build me one of them virgins.

on second thought.....they're too much bullshit .forget it. lol....
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that you have virgins, you need to go poppin' that cherry.  [;)][:I][:O]

Ghost
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top