Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 9:14:30 PM EDT
While trying to decide between Oly, Bushy, Eagle or DPMS stripped lowers I noticed that DPMS is the only co. that mentions a teflon coating on their uppers and lowers.

So, some questions come to mind. Is the teflon coating a good thing or a bad thing? What are the pros & cons? Does the teflon affect the fit/finish between a DPMS lower and another manufacturers upper? Does the teflon affect the trigger set making it easier (or more difficult for that matter) to install?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not experienced any cons with either DPMS uppers or lowers.  They interchange with other branded uppers and lowers without any problems and I had no problems swapping out the regular trigger set for a two stage trigger.  The Teflon finish is a plus on top of the hard coat anodizing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the DPMS 308, and I really like the teflon coating.  I have Armalite, RRA, and Eagle uppers and lowers, and rate the DPMS better in overall apearance, FWIW.  I haven't abused the rifle very much, about the only down side would be if the coating ever started to come off...but I've never heard anyone complain about it, so I can't see it being an issue.  

On a related note, I did buy a RRA varmint upper that had weird shiny spots on it, like the top finish was coming off...and the new RRA upper I bought to replace the Armalite one I trashed already has a similar spot.  I don't know what the deal is, but just thought I'd pass it along.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi, I'm new to AR-15's and am trying to figure out what setup I want to build. What does DPMS stand for? I know that RRA is Rock River Arms, and I've looked at the Oly lowers too, but I'm interested in the DPMS if they are good. Where can I find them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
DPMS stands for Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services, Inc.  Their wedsite is: [url]www.dpmsinc.com[/url],  
their email address is:
[email][email protected][/email],
their phone# is:
(763) 261-5600 or 1-800-DPMS
and their address is:
13983 Industry Avenue
Becker, MN 55308
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top