Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 5:30:51 PM EDT
I just bought a complete Eagle Arms M15A2 lower at my local gun show and I need some info. I am looking for a complete upper half with a 16 in chrome barrel and 1/9 twist. I want to set this thing up for CQB and Practical Shooting. Am I correct on the barrel length, lining, and twist? What type of sights should I get (I want to use optics and Iron Back Ups)? Ad who makes an upper to fit my gun? And How hard would it be to build an upper if the barrel was all readf fitted? Thanks for your help and don't forget to keep writing and calling your reps about the AWB (read as Homeland Defense Ban).  
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought a complete Eagle Arms M15A2 lower at my local gun show and I need some info. I am looking for a complete upper half with a 16 in chrome barrel and 1/9 twist. I want to set this thing up for CQB and Practical Shooting. Am I correct on the barrel length, lining, and twist?

[i]Yep, that should work nicely.[/i]

What type of sights should I get (I want to use optics and Iron Back Ups)?

[i]I like the Eotech holographic sights for a CQB gun.Aimpoint is another popular choice.[/i]

Ad who makes an upper to fit my gun?

[i]Everybody but Colt.[/i]

And How hard would it be to build an upper if the barrel was all readf fitted?

[i]If the barrel is installed there isn't much else to do except the forward assist and the dust cover. Pretty simple stuff.[/i]

Thanks for your help and don't forget to keep writing and calling your reps about the AWB (read as Homeland Defense Ban).  
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, welcome to ARFCOM!

I just ordered a Bushy Patrolmans Carbine barrel kit (post-ban), it's chrome, 1X9 and 16". It cost me $209 straight from Bushy. I'm putting it on a MEGA FT upper. I'll be using a MEPOR 21 prolly at first then maybe a EOTEC. You can't go wrong with the ARMS 40 BUIS, IMO. If you are close by, I can help mount your barrel if you go that way. Check with Pete, ADCO, or MSTN for a complete upper like you want. You can't go wrong with any of them IMHO.
What part of VA. R-U-in?

MM419
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome...so you snagged one from Quantico Arms...all but one of my lowers are Eagles.  They work great!

Any upper will fit...I've used Armalite and Rock River, but any AR upper other than Colt will go right on...it's as simple as pulling the pins, mating up the upper and lower, and putting the pins in.  If you're lucky, the pins will be tight, but not ridiculous.  Even if they're loose, it won't effect function...and you can always use and Accu Wedge if you want.  

For what you say you want, I'd recommend a 16" upper, maybe an M4 style.  A complete RRA M4 upper with bolt group and chrome lining is $442 from ADCO, which includes shipping.  I've got one, it's a very nice upper than has run smoothly since I got it.  

As for sights, I went with the Holosight (poor man's Eotech) and an ARMS #40.  The Holosight bolts right on the flat top, and allows a perfect co-witness with the ARMS # 40 BUIS.  It's a perfect combo.  

Here's my rig...it's got some extra stuff, but you get the drift:
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/188491/cqb1.jpg[/img]

close up of Holosight and ARMS # 40:
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/flattop1.jpg[/img]

There are certainly other approaches to a CQB style rifle...but I really like the Holosight/Eotech reticle for close in...it's very easy to see.  I've got an Aimpoint on my other shorty CQB style rifle, but prefer the Holosight.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top