Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 6:11:24 AM EDT
Does anyone make a stainless steel upper receiver? I ordered a stainless steel lower
receiver, stainless steel barrel, and I found
a stainless bolt carrier. I guess all I need
is a stainless upper, and a stainless bolt.

Sam
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you buy the stainless carrier?  How much was it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.jprifles.com/OperatingSystem.shtml

JP Rifle Tactical Operating System

For police tactical duty or any application where absolute reliability is the main criteria, we have our new TOSTM or Tactical Operating System with 416 stainless steel special design carrier that includes forward assist serrations and a dust cover notch. The bore of the JP stainless carriers has a roller burnished finish for frictionless operation with no chance of peeling chrome as in standard mil-spec carriers. The exterior bearing surfaces are hand polished. When properly lubricated, both systems make your rifle feel like it was cycling on ball bearings. Both carriers feature a 100% increase in bearing surface for smoother operation and improved alignment and lower wear in the upper receiver. Both are M15 semi auto configuration in the rear with the mil-spec longer cocking pad in the front for best reliability. Sold as carrier with installed key or complete bolt/carrier assembly

JPBC2 Stainless tactical duty carrier only $0.00
 Bolt assembly: add bolt assembly $49.95
 Bolt assembly: without bolt assembly n/c
JPBCK Light weight buffer conversion kit
also improves feel of any full weight carrier system without any reliability loss $49.95

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You need a stainless upper extension (spring tube), stainless buttstock, and stainless handguard.

You are going to need a stainless steel wheelbarrow to carry it around.

Pete
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I dunno. I'm sorta aiming for the 10 lb mark.
So far, all I've really decided on for sure
is the barrel and lower half. The barrel and
lower receiver will be stainless. The standard
A2 buttstock should be fine. Debating between
the Hogue and Ergo grips.

Sam

P.S. Any idea where I could get  astainless wheelbarrow? B-)
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at a gunshow yesterday and I saw stainless steel lower receiver about 80% done.I also an upper that was about 80% done. Yes these were very HEAVY. But if you look at an AK it is a heavy weapon and very small people have carried it into battle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top