Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 3:59:24 PM EDT
Does anyone make a charging is SS??? I picked up a CH at a local gunshow, installed it (after installing a extended latch), cycled the the handle a couple of times when I noticed it went from a smooth glide to feeling as if sand has somehow got in it. I took it out and discovered that the front of it had cracked along the right side when it engages the bolt carrier.

Now I looking for something a lot sturdier than the Aluminum one I got at the gunshow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:42:58 PM EDT
Um, I think all CH's are aluminum. Get one from a reputable manufacturer and it should be just fine. I have an Oly and a DPMS and both work great. Its not really a high stress part, but poorly made CH's from a "shady" dealer at the gunshow may be suspect. Ghost
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:10:06 PM EDT
I haven't seen any stainless charging handles, but the latest Brownell's catalog lists a DPMS steel charging handle. Anybody make a stainless upper receiver? Sam
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:13:52 PM EDT
I just check with DPMS and they do have a stainless steel charging handle (Matte Black Finish) for $49.95... I guess this is an alright price since the first one cost me $20. At least I won't have to worry about the CH breaking again... I have seen some SS Uppers, just can't remember where... The cost was somewhere near 400.00.. I think...
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:17:22 AM EDT
DPMS makes a stainless lower (natural finish and black) which I used as the basis for my .458 SOCOM. It's retail price was amost $400, but they can be had for $200 or less. Get your dealer to order it from Brownells for $189 for the black SS lower if interested. As to uppers, don't have a clue. DPMS does sell a stainless "look" Low-Pro upper but is not actually stainless. I wish they would bring out a SS upper, I'd order one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:33:12 AM EDT
Bling Bling [rolleyes]
Top Top