Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 8:11:04 AM EDT
Is a RRA n/m worth the extra $90 over the standard  lower  on a 24"target gun? I see some post that put the RRA national match trigger in question .Would I be better off buying a standard lower and then buying a diffrent n/m trigger? If so then who makes a better trigger for around $90.00 ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, yes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, it is worth it.  The two-stage trigger groups start right around $95 when bought outside the gun, for any make.

The Knight's Armament trigger is supposedly the best two-stage around--coming in at $275.

HTH...
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of target gun?

I have to assume from your question you mean Service Match.

What are your goals?

I just shoot informally. I DO have the RRA stock and RRA Match trigger. I've done a few pistol trigger jobs, and I've been working on the stock RRA trigger. I'm not done, but it's clear to me the RRA Match trigger KICKS THE ASS of the stock trigger.

It's the best $90 upgrade you will ever make.

Unless, that is, you email John Hollinger at White Oak Precision and ask him about his custom tune on the RRA match trigger. It's not much more money, but it's said to be better still.

[url]http://www.alccrl.org/whiteoak/whiteoak.htm[/url]

I urge you to email John and ask before you spend any money. You may have to wait, as Camp Perry is on, and everybody is busy.

You want a good trigger. Seriously.

Pete
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Stinkey Pete Im sent .I can wait .
My goal is to own a 24 inch AR that will give me the tightest group possable in my buget.I'll be shooting mainly just paper at 100-300 yds.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top