Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 1:51:06 PM EDT
Quick question. Putting together a bolt and was wondering if there is a certain direction I need to install the gas rings?

They look virtually the same but if you really look, it looks like one side of the ring has a slight bevel to it. Does it matter?

Any other tips I should know? Polishing, etc??

THANKS!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a broken ring at the range one day...a guy gave me one of those McFarlane one piece rings...I just stuck it on, and let 'er rip.  Still going strong...so either it doesn't matter, or I defied the 50-50 odds and got it right lol.  If you knew me, you'd know 50-50 doesn't hold true for me...it's more like 1 in 100 that I'll choose the right one [:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't matter . Just make sure the you stagger the rings. Rotate each one so they don't line up. A small screw driver migth help you get them started. Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This might help you out too. Look it over and you'll see the graps in each ring don't fall over the others . [url=http://www.ar15.com/content/parts/bolt.html]Bolt[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top