Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 9:06:21 AM EDT
Does anyone have a link or is there a thread to diassemble a lower to replace the parts? I already have instructions to assemble the parts.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Disassembly was fairly easy. BUT, I can't get the frigin' selector back in over the trigger. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
DONT.

put the selector in first.
then put in the brass selector "pin" and spring.
install the pistol grip.

now put in the trigger
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
GREAT..It's in. I guess I have a set of bad directions. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering?? Did you read the instructions first?? Or you like me sometimes and try it without reading??
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I only had instructions for assembling the parts, "So You Want to Build an AR-15".  Not sure where I got them.  I had to perform the steps in reverse for the disassembly, then I could proceed using the instructions.  BUT, the instructions stated to put in the trigger and hammer before the selector.  It work fine with the selector in first.  It should be a piece of cake next time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
These are much better instructions; [url]ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Even these instructions say to put the trigger group in before the selector. Backwards, no???
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
There are many slightly-out-of-spec triggers which will not permit the selector to slide in over the trigger with the hammer installed, so you have to do selector first, then trigger.

It's a small thing, but with truly in-spec parts you can install as indicated in either set of directions.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top