Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:46:05 AM EDT
I have an action block for clamping a standard A3 or A2 into a vise, but it won't fit my DPMS hi-rider upper. Do they even make a block for this upper? How would I tighten the barrel down without it? Just pad it really well and clamp it down? THANKS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:03:55 AM EDT
I believe the [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp]Bushmaster Action Block[/url] will work on a high-rise upper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:08:04 AM EDT
Great, now what to do with my other block which is basically brand new!)(*&^%$#@
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:12:07 AM EDT
I've seen in the Shotgun News that DPMS has something called The Claw. It's not on their website but you have to call it in. It looks like a block which you can mate your upper to their lower to do barrell work. What it looks like is a block of plastic that you put in a vise. It's got the proper pivot pin and take down pin to hold your upper in place for you to do work. It runs about $40 bucks. Hope this helps, I might get one too myself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:44:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dogcatcher223: Great, now what to do with my other block which is basically brand new!)(*&^%$#@
View Quote
Next time you should ask here before you buy. [:P]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:08:49 PM EDT
Actually, this is my first Hi-rider upper, I had an A3 I am parting out that it works perfect for. Could always sell the other one, but it cannot hurt to have 2.
Top Top