Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:53:45 AM EDT
I am far from an expert on AR15's therefore could some advise me if I purchase a pre-ban lower can I build an AR15 utilizing pre-ban parts? If so, can anyone advice where I might be able to purchase a preban lower. My goal is to build an M4 with an 11.5" barrel and collasible stock.

Thank-you all for your assistance.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:45:35 AM EDT
wait for the AWB to sunset and then ya can get any lower for a realistic price..reason preban prices are so high..cause ppl are willing to pay it..seen sum rifles goin for 2000bux..lol.and yet the dont shoot any betta than a postban..i say wait for sept..unless ya really gotta have it now.otherwise, sell a kidney an look on the EE
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:43:11 PM EDT
Keep in mind that a preban lower is ONLY preban if it either left the factory as a complete rifle or, if it was sold as a stripped part, it was assembled as a complete rifle prior to the ban taking effect AND YOU CAN PROVE IT. Where to find one? Keep an eye on the Equipment Exchange column on this site. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:09:46 PM EDT
You also mentioned 11.5" barrel. If you plan on only having an 11.5" barrel it would have to be registered as a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) with the ATF. (see m16 full auto section) If you are going to use a 11.5" barrel with an attached / welded on 5.5" flashhider you will be okay. TS
Top Top