Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 7:41:43 PM EDT
I shot my finally-completed M4gery today, and it shot wonderfully, except for the Olympic ammo I tried to use...

Anyway, when I got home, I noticed that the CAR style stock was loose, so I tightened it up with my CAR stock wrench. But it seems that I can easily loosen the stock just by twisting it a little. Is this typical of collapsible stocks?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:43:00 PM EDT
no, that is NOT typical. look again at the retaining nut.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:57:54 PM EDT
Does it sound like its not on tight enough? I can't seem to get it tight enough so that twisting the stock doesn't cause everything to loosen a bit. The stock doesn't seem in danger of coming off, but there is a bit of rotationaly play, and the nut can be moved by hand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:33:46 AM EDT
Try BLUE Lock-tite. worked on mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:34:49 AM EDT
The stock tube should not loosen as you describe. I don't know how to describe to you how much force you should use, but I know of no reason it shouldn't tighten properly, with adequate force applied. I find that I have to tighten these nuts "pretty hard" (whatever that means) to get them to stay tight. I suppose you could always use lock-tite but that really shouldn't be necessary.
Top Top