Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 7:41:43 PM EDT
I shot my finally-completed M4gery today, and it shot wonderfully, except for the Olympic ammo I tried to use...

Anyway, when I got home, I noticed that the CAR style stock was loose, so I tightened it up with my CAR stock wrench. But it seems that I can easily loosen the stock just by twisting it a little. Is this typical of collapsible stocks?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
no, that is NOT typical.

look again at the retaining nut.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it sound like its not on tight enough? I can't seem to get it tight enough so that twisting the stock doesn't cause everything to loosen a bit. The stock doesn't seem in danger of coming off, but there is a bit of rotationaly play, and the nut can be moved by hand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Try BLUE Lock-tite.

worked on mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]

The stock tube should not loosen as you describe. I don't know how to describe to you how much force you should use, but I know of no reason it shouldn't tighten properly, with adequate force applied. I find that I have to tighten these nuts "pretty hard" (whatever that means) to get them to stay tight. I suppose you could always use lock-tite but that really shouldn't be necessary.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top