Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 4:38:47 AM EDT
i noticed when i put the barrel in the upper receiver that the barrel extension seemed a little loose in the upper, there was a slight bit of up, down ,left and right play. i did not torque it or tighten the barrel nut i just wanted to see how it went together. should it be loose oe a tight fit before torqueing? i know it will tighten up after torqueing but will there be movement when fired? i bought a used upper maybe thats it but it looks fine. i just ordered a new stripped one from bm, i'll see how that fits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]

It has to be tightened.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks Waldo,
i kinda figured that, but i had to know for sure anyway. now all i have to do is get my lower back that i sent to DPMS six weeks ago to get refinished. yeah, i know, i should have sent it to someone else, i'd probably already have it back.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top