Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 2:51:09 PM EDT
Any know for sure if the knights free float full length rail will work with a BushMaster Disipator HB? Thanks Anyone have any Pics?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:42:17 PM EDT
There have been several members who have put the KAC M5 RAS on dissipators. Don't know about the FF, but if one works.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:47:05 AM EDT
If the gas block fits under an M5 RAS I don't see any reason that it wouldn't fit under a FF RAS... Do you have a dissy? If so, get me a couple measurements and I will let you know based on my FF RAS tubes... I would be shocked if it wouldn't work!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:52:55 AM EDT
Mr. Quarterbore, I will get the Measurements this Sunday. I have seen your website, and commend u. You have some nice stuff. My 20" Delta shoots great but its not a flattop. I have a 16" LW no flattop "and" it wont reach out there and touch em. Do have any suggestions? If this helps i want a upper that will group 1 moa or less with 55 grn or 63 grain rounds with weight and size being considered. The 20" is nice but sometimes it feels to big. It seems that both of my colt Uppers dont like 55 grn bullets the groups range to about 2.5" @ 100yrds depending on various factors. The diss i have is a A2, not a flat top. I could send it back to BM to have it reworked but, NS that is the best move. I want a new rail and upper but not sure of the best combo to get yet. thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:45:03 PM EDT
First, nobody calls me "Mr"... I much prefer Dumb Ass!... Thanks for the kind words about my little hobby page! A great amount of what is on that page I learned here! Very little if anything on that website is actually stuff I own! Now, in regards to getting a MOA AR-15, the trick here really is getting a good gunsmith to put a good barrel on a good receiver for you and have them properly mate the bolt to your extension. There is no way to guarentee MOA accuracy but I know my DCM upper will shoot about 0.75 MOA (Blackstar 1:8 DCM Profile) and I have had a few chrome lined barrels that will shoot about MOA after they are broken in. Now, there is no reason that you can't just replace the upper receiver on one of your two uppers to give you a flattop. Then again, I have far more uppers than lowers so I can relate with just wanting to buy another! Good Luck but to start you just need to define what you want (carbine, dissipator, rifle) then pick one with the correct barrel twist (1:9 is best given the bullets you list) and have what you want built by someone good and you will love the results. Note, all barrels will need to be broke in before you will get best results! Chrome linned barrels will really require a number of rounds to polish the bore! Welcome to AR15.com!
Top Top